This policy applies across all websites owned and operated by VIDDY PTY LTD (hereby referred to as Viddi), all services we provide, including our online services, products, and any other apps or services we offer. For the purposes of this document, they will just be referred to as our ‘services’. We may need to update this document in future. When a significant change occurs, when appropriate, we will inform you. Most likely via email.
Viddi’s Commitment to your privacy
Your privacy is extremely important to us and we work very hard to make sure that you can faithfully rely on that information being secure.
Who we are
Viddi is the most advanced video interviewing management platform in the market. It is used by both recruitment agencies and HR professionals.
Any use of the terms ‘ours’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ is in reference to Viddiand all its entirely owned subsidiaries. Address details for Viddi offices are available on our Contact us page.
Personal information we collect
The personal information we will collect depends on different factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
- Contact information, allowing us to communicate with you. For example, e-mail, social media contact details, addresses and phone number
- Identity information allowing us to identify you. For Example, name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification.
- Professional information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities for example, references, resumes, qualifications, and test results.
- Financial information that will allow Viddi’s clients to pay you should you be engaged in work for them, for example, bank, tax and super details.
- Other individuals’ information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself and Immigration information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work for example, evidence of citizenship, visa, or work permit documents.
If you do not provide information, or the information provided is insufficient or inaccurate, this may limit our ability to provide services to you.
Your sensitive information.
Viddi will not, without your consent or as otherwise authorised by law, gather data about you that expresses your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, information of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record.
Ways we collect data
When users visit our websites or use our services, we gather their personal information. The ways we gather it can be generally categorised into the following:
- Information you provide us: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for a free trial, sign a contract with us to use our services, respond to a job application or take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible, for example by personalising the content you see.
Some of this information is collected using cookies.
Our website administers, analyses, and improves performance and content using Cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that an internet website sends to your browser when you access information at that site. You may have the option to change the settings of your browser to deny all cookies, or to alert you if a cookie is sent to your computer, allowing you to accept it or not.
By using Cookies and other technology, our website may also gather and use your IP address and domain name for internal traffic monitoring and capacity management purposes and to deliver a custom user experience. Viddi may track patterns of usage of website visitors for reasons relevant to improving our services and website content by using a statistical or other type of review of our website’s visitor usage patterns. This is not, necessarily, personal information. However, if you choose to provide us with your personal information through any means, such as contacting us through our website, we may link your search activity, your IP address and/or domain name with your personal information for the purposes of personalising your user website experience and for finding which Viddi products and services may be relevant to you.
- Information we get from third parties: Most of the information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like social media platforms or our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we will only process it:
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they are not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- if we have your consent.
If we do not gather your personal data, we might not be able to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you. If you’re someone who doesn’t have a relationship with us, but believe that a Viddi subscriber has entered your personal data into our websites or services, you’ll need to contact that Viddi subscriber for any questions you have about your personal data (including where you want to access, correct, amend, or request that the user delete, your personal data).
Securing Your Data
Viddi stores data digitally, on our own sites and assisted by our third-party service providers. We may also at times store some hard copy records, including in relation to job candidates. Viddi understands the importance of data. Accordingly, we make use of physical and digital security measures to protect any personal information we collect and hold from unauthorised use, modification, or disclosure. Viddi ensures that it retains personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy and deal with disputes unless a longer period is required or authorised by law.
All personal information is defended, and we have put in place appropriate physical, digital, and workplace procedures to safeguard the data we collect. Your information is stored on secure cloud databases, internal servers, and using third party software. All information you upload to our services is stored in a database in a secure data centre in Amazon Web Services (AWS). Your information is only accessible by employees who have authorised access rights to such information.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site or Apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and the security features described above to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Storing Your Data
We only store your personal information for as long as it is required for the original purpose of collecting the information, and for as long as we are permitted by you to store it. We will remove your personal information when you request that we do so by contacting us.
When we remove your personal data, all personally distinguishable information other than information we are legally required to maintain will be removed from our systems. Please note however that we retain statistical and aggregate data for improvement and analytical purposes.
Use your data
Why we collect your personal information.
We collect personal information for the purposes of providing services.
We may gather personal information for the purpose of identifying and qualifying candidates for career opportunities within organisations.
We use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you have requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
Communicate with you. This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
- marketing communications (about Viddi or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
Support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
Analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
Sharing your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- other companies in the Viddi group of companies
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- other people where we have your consent.
International Data Transfers
When we share data, it may be reviewed, transferred, and processed in countries other than your own, such as the United States. These countries may have laws different to the laws of your country. However, when we disclose personal information to a third party in another country, we put security practices in place to ensure your personal data remains protected.
For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data (like New Zealand), or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data – i.e., by entering the European Commission’s Standard contractual clauses. For further information, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact us section below.
Some jurisdictions privacy laws give individuals the right to access, amend or delete their personal information or, depending on the case, restrict or object to the processing of their personal information. You may request that we correct personal information we hold about you and we will consider, respond, and action such requests in accordance with applicable law. If you would like to request a copy of your data or would like to take steps to exercise your rights, please contact us as set out below. We may refuse to provide access and may charge a fee for access if the relevant legislation allows us to do so, in which case we will provide reasons for our decision as required by law.
We will, at your request, provide you with access to any personal information which we hold about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by any applicable law.
If you wish to access personal information which we hold about you, please contact us. If you believe any information is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, please contact us.
If we refuse to correct the personal information that is the subject of your request, we will give you a written notice setting out various matters including the reason for the refusal.